Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weekend and More

First off let me apologize for not getting back to you sooner. It was a busy weekend and I never managed to get to a computer.

Anyway, the weekend was a blast starting off with the monster trucks. OMG my grandsons had a great time watching the trucks and the motorcycles. The youngest set with his daddy in the beginning and then ended up with PaPaw. Dallas acted like an old pro at monster trucks and was trying to tell his younger brother all about them. The funny part about the night was also disturbing. About half way through the night PaPaw slipped to the vendor store and bought his grandsons some checkered flags and a couple of monster trucks. Well anyway, I brought the flags back to the boys and they started waving them around and having a good ol time. Landry the youngest was sitting with his father at this time who was setting next to this toothless, (well not totally toothless, she did have about 4 in the front but it looked like one was going fast), redneck woman that kept asking my 3 year old grandson if she could borrow his flag as she was taking it out of his hand. The first time she did it we were so shocked that we just let it go, but after the second time she did it I had my son send Landry down to me. It amazes me how bold some people are these days. The second time she just sort of grabbed the flag and then asked if she could borrow it again, unbelievable! Well we still had a great time and Uncle Michael made sure the boys stayed awake on the way home by loading them up with cotton candy! It was a great night out with the boys!

Saturday was a trip to the cell phone store and $500 later the wife and I walk out with those new iPhone gizmos. I love mine but they still haven't created a way that they can send or receive pics. The only way I get pics in my phone is email them to my yahoo account. They say the a patch for doing this process is on the way soon. I hope! Saturday night Shelly and I watched the boys so my son and his wife could go to the bank Christmas party, yep that's what I thought, a little late for a Christmas party.

Sunday was birthday party for Dallas. He turned 5 on the 20th so we took the first weekend available at the Party Zone. It was a lot of fun, this place has go-carts, mini-golf, lazer tag, bumper cars, bowling, and loads of other games all under one roof. We ate pizza and cake and away we went to play. The children were too young to do the go-carts alone so a PaPaw had to ride with one grandson while Daddy road with the other. Landry was a hoot as we went around the track I told him to wave at Mimi and mom when we would pass by them and he would wave all the way around the track. The boys and my grand-daughter were grinning from ear to ear. I could go on and on about the fun we had but I'm sure you get the picture. I was especially glad that my grand-daughters were there for the party to have fun as well. I am also glad that Aunt Marcy and Uncle Michael stuck around for the party before they headed back to Alabama.

Monday hit and all the fun went away and it was back to work, uck!!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

the worst part about the weekend: it ends!

Bag Blog said...

Party Zone sounds like lots of fun. We have some pretty good memories of racing our children in the go carts - very competitive. Buying your Grand Boys flags and trucks - you are a good Grand Dad.

Buck said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend!

Becky G said...

It does sound like a busy weekend, but a good one!

I am appalled a the old lady's behavior! I will never understand how some people can think such rudeness is ok!

J.W.Rowland said...

Dad your grand-daughter is still talking about the go-carts and bumper cars.