Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Big Non-Event

I wonder sometimes how weather-persons manage to keep their jobs. For several days they had been predicting that we would get blasted with ice and snow all the way through Wednesday night with the greatest accumulation coming during the wee morning hours of Wednesday. I fully expected to wake up this morning only to be able to roll over and and go back to sleep because the roads were to bad to get to work. Didn't happen, I'm at work and because of the weather that the northern/southern parts of the state did get, we won't have a lot to do. I plan on playing catch-up! I can hear Maxwell Smart saying, "missed me by that much!" Oh well maybe next time we will have a beautiful snow fall!

If the weather persons call for it should I believe them, that is the question! We have employees that live less the 30 miles from that couldn't get in. We have had massive wrecks on the freeways just minutes from downtown LR, but the roads here are dry. I lived 15 miles further north I probably would not have been able to get out of my driveway today. Weather in central AR is very strange year round.

I was glad to see from my blogs I read that most of my friends have kept save and that is what counts!

2 comments:

Becky G said...

We didn't get any ice, either. We weren't expecting much, but ended up not getting any. Just some cold, drizzly rain.

Dale said...

Yep Becky the weather people around are 0 for 2 this season! I went to work today and still didn't get done with what I needed to get done with!