Monday, September 27, 2010

What a Weekend!

I can safely that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my heart! This weekends sports activity was like taking a stress test. The long awaited game between Alabama and my beloved Arkansas Razorback was finally played. The Razorbacks started out great but in the end it was the inability to run the football that spelled our defeat. We jumped out to a large lead and took in all the way into the forth quarter but were unable to sustain a drive and in the end we were unable to stop the nations top two running backs of Alabama. Even though we lost the game, I believe it was a warning shot across the bow of the rest of the schools of the SEC, that the Arkansas Razorback are for real. I can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out. The rest of the weekend went more my way.

On Saturday afternoon, my Texas Rangers clinched the AL West by defeating the Oakland A's. The Sunday they came back and left little doubt in MLB that they were for real by putting up 16 runs against the A's in the finale. I can't wait to see them in two weeks as they play their first play-off game in 11 years in the Ballpark in Arlington.

And finally, my Dallas Cowboys, showed a flash of what they are capable of by spanking the Houston Texans in their own home. There was great play on both sides of the ball and thank goodness Roy Williams and Tony Romo finally got on the same page. Its can only get better from here!!

Now for my grandchildren, Dallas scored 8 goals Saturday while Skylar and Landry scored 3 each. These 4 dollar Saturdays are getting expensive! The quote of the day comes from my daughter-in-law Lindsey, when she turned to my grandson and said, "Landry Dale, DO NOT put that frog in your pocket!!" I can tell you one thing for sure, that apple didn't fall too far from the tree, that boy is just like my son Jason, I really had to bit my tongue on this one to keep from laughing. Thank you Lord!!

2 comments:

Becky G said...

Too bad about Arkansas. I was really pulling for them (while watching Texas get absolutely trounced by UCLA). At least LSU and the Cowboys won.

Dale said...

Yeah Becky, it was a tough loss but I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. I would really be surprised to see Alabama go undefeated again this year. However, they are a great team!