Monday, September 20, 2010

You win some you lose some!

As most of you already know I am a big sports fan! You will also know that I am a big Razorback, Dallas Cowboys, and Texas Rangers fan. If you know that then you will also know that I was the roller-coaster ride from hell this weekend. It started out great with the Razorbacks, having a great first half of a game against SEC opponent Georgia Bulldogs. The second half I watched a huge lead dwindle down to nothing with seconds to go in the game. I thought for sure we were headed to OT in their house (not a good situation) this was how they beat us last year. Then our Heisman Candidate QB, Ryan Mallett hit our top receive Childs on a hitch rout for a game winning TD with 11 seconds to go in the game. After the game I watched the Texas Rangers drop their magic number to 6, life was good on Saturday!

Then came Sunday, I started the day out by watching my beloved Cowboys look like a high school team against a team we should have beat easily. I was upset with the play calling and the play in general of Tony Romo. I have been in Romo's corner up to this point, but I am feed up with the whole mess in Dallas right now. Part of the blame I point to Jerry Jones as well. An uncapped salary season and he did nothing to improve our team in the off season. Our offensive line has to be among the worse in the league. Jason Garrett, I loved as a back-up to Troy but he has got to go and I wish that JJ would go ahead and fire Phillips and hire Cower so he can get in here and motivate some folks before this season is a total loss! Finally, on Sunday, I watched the Ranger lose to the last place team in our division.

Sunday was not good, but when I woke up this morning the sun still shined and the birds still sang, looks like it's going to be a great week!! Go Razorbacks, beat Alabama!! Go Rangers, clinch your division!! Go Cowboys, beat Houston!! We live to fight another day!!

In the way of Stripes, I have three games to call this week. The first game is a Jr. Varsity game tonight, the second game is a Jr. High game at North Pulaski, which is less then a mile from my house and finally Friday the last of our long trips to call a game on the Oklahoma border. I love this time of year!!

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I just have not gotten into football this season, but I am ready for some baseball finals.

Dale said...

I am with you on that Lou! Shelley and I have got our tickets to the Rangers first home play-off game!! I can't wait!!!