Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Long Time Coming!

Since, I first heard that there was a new baseball team coming to Texas and that team was coming to a location close enough for me to get to as a kid, I have been a Texas Rangers fan. Those of you that know me know how much I love the sport of baseball and usually by this time of the year I am routing for anyone who is playing against those danged Yankees! Well, this year will be no exception, because those danged Yankees have to come through Texas !!! That's right , bring on the Yankees and this time we or my Rangers have the advantage! I don't hate the Yankees, as a matter of fact I used to pretend to be either Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, or Yogy and spent days wishing I would have lived in the time of "The Babe". I guess it's sort of like my beloved Dallas Cowboys, you either love them or hate them.

I was worried that this day wouldn't come again this year after the Rangers dropped two at home against the Rays, but just like the rest of the season the Rangers proved that they belong in the elite of baseball this year. So bring on the "Cinderfella" story, bring on the Yankees, and bring on anyone else that stands between my beloved Rangers and a World Championship!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CLAW, IT'S TIME FOR THE ANTLERS AND IT'S TIME FOR THE TEXAS RANGERS!!! GO RANGERS GO!!!

2 comments:

Becky G said...

I grew up an Astros fan, being closer to Houston, but I'll root for the Rangers any day!

Dale said...

Thanks Becky, I'm just the opposite I grew up a Rangers fan but I would have to say that the Astros are my favorite NL team.