Friday, October 22, 2010

Baseball and Football in that order!

Well tonight while I am on the football field my beloved Rangers get to prove that they are the best team in the American League. If the Rangers win tonight it will be on to the World Series, if they don't, thanks to the two wins in Skankee Town, we will live to fight another day. I hate that I'm not going to get to see the game live but rest assured that I'm getting it on my DVR! We are facing a pitcher that we beat up pretty bad in game 4 of the ALCS. I don't see any reason why we couldn't do it again! If by some freak of nature we lose tonight, we will have the New Mr. October on the mound for game 7. A young man from Arkansas, Mr. Cliff Lee, 7-0 on post-season play. I hope we don't have to play a game 7 because I would love to see Cliff Lee start for Texas in game 1 of the World Series. Stay tune!! GO RANGERS!!!!

Last night was a rough football game for a wing official. It was one of those games with no defense and all offense. We were up and down the field all night and most of the scores were from 50 yards and out, which means I spent the night doing 50 plus yard sprints, I'm too old for that! Just to let you know how bad it was the final score was 50-46 in favor of the home team.

Tonight will probably be a one sided repeat of last night. The home team is ranked in state and the visiting team hasn't won a game in years. I have the good fortune to be working the visiting sideline. Please pray for me!

2 comments:

Becky G said...

Good luck with your game tonight. Our high school is 2-6, but they are 2-2 in conference play, which means they can still make the playoffs. Strange, huh?

Dale said...

Thanks Becky! Yeah, state play-off systems are pretty weird in some states. In Texas as you probably already know, if a team makes it to the State Championship it meant they had to win five more games to get there.