Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Play-Off Bound!

I know what those of you that know me are thinking, and I know that you are probably thinking he must be smoking something because the Cowboys are not play-off bound and the Rangers are done for the year. Well, if that's what you were thinking you were wrong. I'm talking about the crew of referees I work with each Friday night, we are headed to the play-offs! That's right for the third consecutive year we are headed to the play-offs! This has been a good year for our crew and taking away a couple of games, for the most part it has been a fun year. The last couple of years leading up to this year were tough and had me questioning whether or not to hang my flags up and surrender. This year was back to the positive experience that I love about officiating high school football. Friday night we will be working a 3A play-off game in Earle, Arkansas. It's about 125 miles from where I live but the drive will be worth it because there is nothing like a play-off atmosphere in Small Town, USA.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Yeha on the playoffs! I've been worried about you and your Dallas Cowboys.

Dale said...

I'm ok Lou, we've been here before, my Cowboys and me. Although, Becky and I don't see eye to eye on the coaching change, I'm ready to see what Jason Garrett can do. He has already made them do something that they haven't had to do since the beginning of the season and that was practise in full pads. That alone impressed me for starters.